English Chinese (Simplified) French German Hindi Italian Japanese Nepali Russian Spanish
19 Sep

Types of Schools in Japan for International Students.

You can choose to study at a Japanese language school, a vocational school, a junior college, an undergraduate course, a master's course or a doctoral course in Japan.

1.Japanese Language School.日本語学校。जापानी भाषा बिधालय

Japanese language schools are places where you can start learning Japanese from the beginner level. There are courses only for Japanese learning, as well as courses for students to go to higher stage of education, such as at vocational schools, colleges or undergraduate courses. In such preparatory courses, subjects other than Japanese, such as general subjects and science are taught. There are several courses available at each language school, so it is recommended to choose a course which serves your purpose for studying in Japan. A degree will not be awarded upon completion of a language school program. However, the certification of completion of the language school or Japanese language proficiency test results for the N1 or N2 levels will be helpful in your future for getting jobs and going on to other schools.

2. Vocational Schools.専門学校。व्यावसायिक विद्यालय

After graduating from senior high school, vocational school will be a good choice to learn the knowledge and techniques related to your future occupation. Completion of 12 years' school education is essential for applying. In most cases, graduation from vocational school is during two years. Classes start in April. 90% of courses in vocational schools grant students a qualification which is called "Senmonshi", which means "specialist". With this Senmonshi qualification, even people who had not completed an undergraduate course in their home country meet the requirements made by the Immigration Bureau for working in Japan. Major fields of vocational schools are: Medical, Industrial, Commercial business, Hygiene, Education, Social Welfare, Fashion, Home economics, Agriculture and Japanese Language.

3. Junior Colleges.短期大学。२ अथवा ३ बर्षे विश्वविघालय

The purpose of junior colleges is to conduct in-depth learning and research in specialized disciplines and to develop the abilities necessary for employment and daily life. The term of study is two or three years (In the field of Medical Techniques and Nursing, it takes three years to graduate) and graduates are awarded an associate degree. With the associate degree, even people who had not completed an undergraduate course meet the requirement made by the Immigration Bureau for working in Japan.

4. Undergraduate Courses. 大学生。ब्याचलर लेभल

The purpose of universities, as centers of advanced learning, is to provide students with wide-ranging knowledge and to provide in-depth teaching and research in specialized academic disciplines. The term of study is four years (six years for medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine). Graduates are awarded a bachelor's degree. With a bachelor's degree, the requirement made by Immigration Bureau for working in Japan has also been fulfilled.

Traditionally, departments of Humanities, Education, Law, Economics, Engineering, Science, Medical, Agriculture, and Art have been established in Japanese universities. Sociology and Business departments are also traditionally available. On the other hand, departments with a name including the terms "international", "environment", "human" or "tourism" represent newly established programs.

5. Graduate Schools. 大学院。मास्टर्स लेभल

A university may also establish a graduate school offering master's courses (two-year standard term of study), doctoral courses (five-year standard term of study, and four years for medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine), or professional degree courses (two-year standard term of study; however, depending on the field, in some cases courses can take between one to two years, or more than three years). Those who have completed the graduate course are awarded either a master's, doctoral, or professional degree. Please note that there are no master's courses in the departments of medicine, dentistry or veterinary medicine. Only doctoral courses are available, and the shortest period for graduation is four years. Applicants who completed 16 years' education can apply for master's courses while applicants who completed 18 years' education can apply for doctoral courses. In addition, it is recommended for applicants who do not meet these educational requirements to make inquiries as early as possible. This is because the screening process for those applying on the merits of their practical business experience takes a long time.

Foreigners in Japan with a master's degree or doctoral degree can work not only in Japanese companies, but do research work in Japanese universities as instructors or researchers as well.

6. Graduate School Research Students.博士。पि. एच. डी. 

There is an original research student system in Japanese graduate schools separate from master's or doctoral courses. Research students register at a graduate school, participate in lectures, accept instruction from professors and make use of university's facilities. However, these research students cannot receive a degree.

In most of the cases, the admission for research student is screening candidates by examining their academic records and other submitted documents. Furthermore, it is possible for applicants to use Method of Taking an entrance examination outside of Japan, and then obtain permission to come to Japan to study.. By taking an entrance examination outside of Japan, and then obtain permission to come to Japan to study., applicants could come to Japan as research student and learn both Japanese and knowledge of their major field, and then take the entrance examination of the master's or doctoral course. Qualified applicants applying for research student status should have completed an undergraduate course in their home country. Some private universities require that only applicants who have completed a graduate course have the qualification to apply as a research student. The period of a research student course is six months. The period can be extended if permission from an instructor is granted.

Source - Japan Study Support

18 Sep

जापानमा तपाईहरुले बिभिन्न समयमा जापानी भाषामा ईमेल लेख्नुपर्ने हुनसक्छ । जापानी भाषामा ईमेल लेख्दा थाहा पाउनुपर्ने कुराहरु यस प्रकार छ ।

१ . 宛名 (अतेना) - पाउने मान्छे

यस भागमा तल उल्लेखित निम्न कुराहरु लेख्नुपर्छ ।

Abc 株式会社 (खाबुसिकी खाइस्या) - कम्पनीको नाम

代表取締役(दाईह्योउतोरीसिमारीयाकु) - प्रतिनिधि निर्देशक

ラム様(रामुसामा) - प्रतिनिधि निर्देशकको नाम

२.挨拶(आइसाचु) - सम्बोधन

यस भागमा तल उदाहरण अनुसार सम्बोधन गर्नसक्नु हुनेछ ।


お世話になっております(ओसेवा नि नात्ते ओरीमास) - सधै सहयोग गर्दिनु भएकोमा धेरै धेरै धन्यवाद ।

先日は、ありがとうございました。(सेन्जुचुवा आरीगातोउ गोजाईमासिता) - हिजोको लागि धन्यवाद ।

३.名乗り(नानोरी) - आफ्नो बारेमा लेख्नु

यस भागमा आफ्नो कम्पनीको नाम , आफ्नो कम्पनीको पोष्ट अनि आफ्नो नाम लेख्नुहोला ।

जस्तै ....ラムと申します(रामुतोमोउसिमास) - म राम हुँ ।

४.要旨(योउसी) - मुख्य भाग

यस भागमा तपाईले सम्बोधन र आफ्नो बारेमा लेखेपछि ईमेलको मुख्य भाग लेख्न जरुरी छ । ईमेलको मुख्य भागमा तपाईले के को लागि लेखेको हो पाउने मान्छेलाई प्रष्ट पार्नु जरुरी छ ।


打ち合わせの曰程について、ご相談いたします。(उचीआवसेनोनित्तेईनिचुईते,गोसोउदानईतासिमास) - म बैठक कार्यक्रमको बारेमा छलफल गर्न चाहन्छु।

先日のお礼を申し上げたく、メ一ルを送りしました(सेन्जिचुनोओरेईवोमोउसीआगेताकु,मेरुओओकुरीसिमासीता) अघिल्लो दिनको लागि कृतज्ञता गर्नको लागि ईमेल पठाएको छु ।

お返事をお待ちしております。(ओहेन्जीवोवोमाचिसितेओरिमास) - तपाईको जवाफ कुर्दैछु ।

५.詳細(सोउसाई) - विवरणहरू

यस भागमा तपाईले ईमेल पाउने मान्छेलाई के अनुरोध गर्न चाहानुहुन्छ त्यस बिषयको विवरण राम्रोसँग लेख्नुपर्नेहुन्छ ।

६.結びの挨拶(मुसुबीनोआईसाचु) - अन्तिममा गरिने सम्बोधन

यस भागमा तपाईले ईमेललाई बन्द गर्न सम्बोधन गर्नुपर्ने हुन्छ ।


今度ともよろしくお願いいたします。(कोन्दोतोमोयोरोसिकुओनेगाइइतासिमास) - तपाईको फेरी एकपटक सहयोगको आशा गरेको छु ।

ご検討の程、よろしくお願いいたします。(गोकेन्तोउनोहोदो,योरोसिकुओनेगाइइतासिमास) - तपाईंको विचारको लागि धन्यबाद।

ご協力いただけますよう,よろしくお願いいたします(गोक्योउर्योकुइतादाकेमासुयोउ,योरोसिकुओनेगाइइतासिमास) - तपाईको सहयोगको आशा राखेको छु ।

७.署名(स्योमेइ) - हस्ताक्षर

अन्त्य भागमा आफ्नो नाम, 会社名(खाइस्यामेइ) - कम्पनीको नाम,,部署名(बुस्योमेइ) - बिभागको नाम,メ一ルアドレス(मेरुअदोरेसु) - इमेल र サイト(साइतो) - कम्पनीको वेबसाइट माथि उदाहारणमा उल्लेखित अनुसार लेखी इमेल पठाउनुहोला ।

16 Sep

Tips to choose Universities in Japan

★ Field of study・・・What do you truly want to study? Does that universityl really have that course? Check thoroughly on this

★ Your ability・・・Know your ability and select a university that allows you to sit for exams from several universities that match your level. Your exam results may not be good enough for the university you applied to. It is therefore wise to take the exams from a few universities.

★ Your future career goals・・・Well-known universities may not always suit for you! Please check out the characteristics and specialties of universities.

Points to consider while selecting universities

①Contents of lectures and research - Is the lecture you really want to take or research you plan to conduct offered?

②Program - Will it be a degree course as that taken by Japanese students? Does the course allow the degree be taken in English? - Will it be a short course in which you can learn Japanese language or Japanese culture?

③Research facilities - Are the research facilities comprehensive?

④Proven intake records and support system for international students - Are there any additional classes for Japanese language? Are there staffs to assist international students or tutors to help them in their studies and living?

⑤Accommodation - re there any school dormitory or student residence? Will there be any housing information service?

⑥Exam for admission - Does the school have a system that accepts admission before one leaves for Japan? What subjects are tested? Are you good at these subjects?

⑦School fees and other fees - How much are the school fees? Can you afford to pay for the duration of your studies?

⑧Scholarship and financial assistance - Are there any scholarship or fee waiver programs in this school? What are your chances of receiving a scholarship?

⑨Locality and environment - Is the school in a quiet environment conducive for studies? Will it be in the city or in the country? Will you be able to adapt yourself to climate change?

Source - Study in Japan.

15 Sep

जापानमा बिधार्थीहरुले घर सर्दा ध्यान दिनुपर्ने केही कुराहरु !!!

१.घर छोड्नु अघि

- घर छोड्ने निर्णय लिई सक्नु भएपछि , कृपया हालको भाडा सम्झौता सावधानीपूर्वक पढ्नुहोस्, सम्झौता रद्द गर्नको लागि लेखिएको सर्तहरु राम्रोसँग बुझ्नुहोस् अनि बल्ल रद्दिकरण प्रक्रिया सुरु गर्नुहोला ।

- कृपया अनुबंधित सेवाहरु जस्तै बिजुली , पानी , ग्याँस र इन्टरनेटलाई बन्द गर्न नबिर्सनुहोला । यससँगसँगै घर छोड्नु अघि घरको अन्तिम महिनाको भाडा तिर्न पनि नबिर्सनुहोला ।

- जापानमा घर सर्दा हजुरले फोहोरको पनि ख्याल राख्नुपर्छ । यदि तपाईले घरको कुनै भाग तोडफोड अथवा फोहोर गरेमा सम्झौता अनुसारको पैसा तिर्नुपर्ने हुन्छ । त्यसैले घर छोड्नु अघि राम्रोसँग सफा गरेर फोहोर सम्बन्धित ठाँउमा फाले आफ्नो पैसा बचाउन सकिन्छ ।

२.नयाँ घर सर्नु अघि

- घर सर्नु अघि घरको सम्झौता कति बर्षको हो र बीचमा छोडे कति लाग्छ ध्यान दिनुहोला ।

- घर कति बर्ष पुरानो हो ? यसमा पनि ध्यान दिनु होला ।

- डिपोजिड गर्ने पैसा र ग्यारेन्टर कम्पनीले लिने पैसामा पनि ध्यान दिनुहोला ।

-अर्को एकदम महत्वपूर्ण काम चै घरको भित्री भागहरु राम्रोसँग जाँच गर्नुहोला ,पछि घर छोड्ने बेलामा तपाईले पैसा तिर्नुपर्ने हुनसक्छ । त्यसैले राम्रोसँग जाँच गरि घरधनिलाई अथवा घर लिएको कम्पनीलाई पहिलै सुझाव दिनुहोला ।

३.नगरपालिकालाई सूचना

- तपाईले घर सर्नु अघि हाल तपाई बसी राख्नु भएको ठाँउको नगरपालिकामा गई बसाई सराईको निबेदन भर्नुपर्ने हुन्छ । यो निबेदन भरेपछि तपाईलाई नगरपालिकाले बसाई सराईको प्रमाणपत्र दिन्छ ।

- नयाँ ठाँउमा पुगेपछि त्यस ठाँउको नगरपालिकामा गई तपाईले पाउनु भएको बसाई सराईको प्रमाणपत्र १४ दिन भित्र बुझाउनुपर्छ । त्यसपछि तपाईलाई तपाईको जाईर्योउ कार्डको पछाडि नगरपालिकाले सोही दिन ठेगाना लेखेर जाईर्योउ कार्ड फिर्ता दिनुहुन्छ ।

नोट - पासपोर्ट , इन्कान र जाईर्योउ कार्ड लिएर जान नबिर्सनुहोला ।

अन्य ध्यान दिनुपर्ने कुराहरु

- जापानमा स्वास्थ बिमा कार्डको एकदम महत्वपूर्ण छ । तपाईले तपाईसँग भएको स्वास्थ बिमा कार्ड घर सर्नु अघि सोही ठाँउको नगरपालिकामा बुझाउनुपर्छ र घर सरिसके पछि सोही नयाँ ठाँउको नगरपालिकामा गई नयाँ स्वास्थ बिमा कार्डको निबेदन दिनुपर्ने हुन्छ । निबेदन दिएको एक हप्ता भित्र तपाईलाई नगरपालिकाले नयाँ ठेगना सहित नयाँ स्वास्थ बिमा कार्ड घरमै पठाइ दिनुहुन्छ ।

- नयाँ ठेगाना सँगसँगै तपाईले आफ्नो हुलाक , मोबाइल , बैक र क्रेडिट कार्डको पनि ठेगाना परिवर्तन गर्नुहोला ।

12 Sep

1.The University of Tokyo

Address - 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8654

Phone - 03-5841-2366

Application fee - 17,000 yen (for the 2018 school year)

Admission fee - 282,000 yen (for the 2018 school year)

Tuition per year - 535,800 yen (for the 2018 school year)

Starting date for application submission - December 1, 2017

Deadline of application - December 8, 2017

Website - www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/

2.Tohoku University

Address - 41 Kawauchi, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi 980-8576

Department to contact - FGL Undergraduate Admissions, Student Exchange Division, Education and Student Support Department

Application fee - 5,000 yen

Admission fee - 282,000 yen

Tuition per year - 535,300 yen

Website - www.tohoku.ac.jp/en/

3.Kyoto University

Address - Kyotodaigaku Katsura, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto 606-8501

Department to contact - Educational Affairs Section, School of Engineering

Phone - 075-383-2050

Application fee - 17,000 yen

Admission fee - 282,000 yen

Tuition per year - 535,800 yen

Website - www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en

4.Nagoya University

Address - Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi 464-8603

Phone - 052-789-3974

Fax - 052-789-3974

Examination fee - 30,000 yen<>p> Admission fee - 282,000 yen

Tuition per year - 535,800 yen

Total expenses (First year) - 817,800 yen

Website - www.en.nagoya-u.ac.jp/

= 4 Tokyo Insitute of Technology

Address - 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550

Application fee - 17,000 yen

Admission fee - 282,000 yen

Tuition per year - 535,800 yen

Department(s) - Mathematical and Computing Science, Computer Science

Website - /www.titech.ac.jp/english

6.Osaka University

Address - 1-1 Yamadaoka, Suita-shi, Osaka 565-0871

Department to contact - Admissions Office, Education and student support Division

Phone - 06-6879-7097

Application fee - 17,000 yen

Admission fee - 282,000 yen

Tuition per year - 535,800 yen

Website - http://www.osaka-u.ac.jp/en/

7.Kyushu University

Address - 6-10-1 Hakozaki, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka 812-8581

Phone - 092-642-4300

Fax - 092-642-2267

Application fee - 10,000 yen

Admission fee - 282,000 yen

Tuition per year - 267,900 yen

Website - http://www.kyushu-u.ac.jp/english/

8.Hokkaido University

Address - Kita 17, Nishi 8, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0817

Phone - 011-706-7484

Application fee - 17,000 yen

Admission fee - 282,000 yen

Tuition per year - 535,800 yen

Website - www.hokudai.ac.jp/en/

9. University of Tsukuba

Address - 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki 305-8577

Phone - 029-853-7385

Fax - 029-853-7392

Application fee - 17,000 yen

Admission fee - 282,000 yen

Tuition per year - 535,800 yen

Website - www.tsukuba.ac.jp/english/

10. Waseda University

Address - 1-6-1 Nishiwaseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8050

Phone - 03-3204-9073

Fax - 03-3204-9464

Website - www.waseda.jp/

Source - The World University Rankings

About Us

NESAJ (Nepalese Students Association in Japan) is an organization of Nepalese students, academia and intellectuals from all across Japan --from Hokkaido in the north to Okinawa in the south. It was established in the year 1997 with the aim of bringing Nepalese students and Nepalese graduates of Japanese universities living…

President's Message


Ever since we were founded in 1997, Nepalese Students Association in Japan (NESAJ ) has been briging Nepalese students and Nepalese graduates of Japanese universities living in Japan to a close contact and has been promote their academic, professional and other mutual interests through a wider, regular and frequent…

NESAJ Help Line

Name: (*)
Please let us know your name.
Email: (*)
Please let us know your email address.
Problem: (*)
Please let us know your message.
Invalid Input
Verification: (*) Verification:
Invalid Input
You are here: Home